Monday, March 06, 2006

Crashing the Gay Party

Best picture goes to gritty drama 'Crash'

It is time to come clean about who I really wanted to win best picture. I wanted Crash, not Brokeback Mountain to win best picture. There was way too much hype about Brokeback to the point where, if you did not see it or want it to win it seemed that you didn't support homosexual rights in America. It got to the point I felt that the Academy would be voting not for a movie, but for gay rights if Brokeback was to win. Now I am not saying it was not a good movie, I have not seen it, but I believe it has gotten enough awards to claim that it was a good movie.

The Academy made a good move last night picking Crash. It is a movie that deals with the core of America's problems. Racism and bigotry. If you watched Crash and did not come out angry or thinking about the racism in your life you should be revisiting the film. It conveys its message with drama that everyone in America can somehow relate with.

The best speech of the night goes to Ang Lee for winning best director. His comments on love being denied by society is what everyone in America needed to hear right at that moment.

Finally congrats to my friend Paul and his new fiance Lauren on their engagement!

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Richard said...

:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home